11/6/11

Hallows Eve

Let's call this a Halloween+Vogue+Random Crap mash up, like when people combine multiple songs into one, but for a blog post, and without the singing. (scratch vogue+partially random crap because it turns out I want to save that for another post all in its own because it's just so god damn special)

My Halloween was kind of awesome. I forgot how much I love trick or treating. And yes, just to clarify, I am a 15 year old girl who still goes trick or treating but I bet there are people in their 20's who still go trick or treating because it's that friggen awesome. So lets not act too surprised.

I went with a bunch of my friends, and me and 2 of my closest friends all dressed up like babies and had pacifiers and footies and everything. That way if anybody said to us "aren't you teens to old to go trick or treating!?" We could be like, "ehem, excuse me. We're babies you bioist freakin candy givers. JEEZUS." This just proves how smart me and my friends are because we were able to think and plan ahead to guarantee we receive as much candy as possible and avoid the unfaithful candy givers who question our candy receiving eligibility due to our age rather than our inner Halloween spirit.

I personally find Halloween to be one of the greatest holidays of all time. My history teacher told me that it started in Ireland and it was like this huge festival where people dressed up like demons and stuff in order to scare away the evil monsters who haunted them for the year so that they could ensure good fortune upon themselves. You're probably all thinking "stupid Irish people of the originating Halloween festival. There were no evil demons you needed to scare. HA." But if you are one who BELIEVES in fairies and mermaids and vampires and werewolves and witches and wizards and monsters (ehem, point a finger at the person writing this post) then you sure as heck wouldn't be questioning their festival/ritual.

Halloween (back in the day) also used to be a festival honoring the dead, probably a lot like Day of the Dead. For the Celtic people, it was like their New Years Eve, because their New Year began on November 1. I'm pretty sure the trick or treating came in because the kids (in certain pre-Halloween traditions) would go around from house to house, and the people living there handed out little treats and stuff, which probably wasn't much in those days other than like, some flowers and honey or something. I mean, I'm not really an expert on pre-Halloween trick or treating, but flowers and honey sounds like a reasonable gift back in those times, am I right?!

Here is a picture of me and my friends trick or treating because we're cool like that. I'm the one in the monkey footsie on the far left (light purple). This random lady took the picture for us in front of her giant cat. It was really weird and at the same time really awesome because she gives us candy then goes, "Oh, girls! Why don't I take a picture of you in front of my large cat decoration!? It looks soooooo cool in photos because it's eye glow and look scary! AHAH. AHAH. AHAHA." I was super pumped for a stranger to take a picture of me in front of a huge cat, and clearly so were all my friends. And I gotta say, the lady didn't lie. The cat's eyes look FRICKEN AMAZING. The other pictures are photos of my outfit(s) and just other random things that are totally INSPIRTIONAL.

Beware: this cat kills.


You can't tell in the photo, but I was wearing this super awesome dark red/brown/purple-ee lipstick by Chanel that my friend gave me that was really intense and awesome, but I guess it rubbed off. I really like it though. It's definitely my favorite lipstick because when I drink water and brush my teeth it doesn't turn my cup/tooth brush red. I'll post a picture soon.

(combat boots from Nordtroms, Forever 21 shorts, thrifted sweater, DKNY tights, a necklace my friend gave me)

I like amusing myself by assigning tasks to do, and todays task is writing a short letter to Zooey Deschanel via my blog.

Dear Zooey.
You are utterly amazing and when you play Jess in New Girl I pretty much pee my pants because I'm laughing and crying and having mini panic attacks due to the fact that New Girl just makes me SO GOD DAMN EMOTIONAL. I used to hate the name Jess, but I associate names with people (weird because I've never met anyone named Jess and I still used to hate the name) but ever since watching New Girl Jess is one of my favorite names in the world, along with a bunch of others that I don't want to list right now. I kind of love your hair because it's dark and black-ish and super gorgeous, and when I saw you in 500 Days of Summer I died when you brought the dude into your house because I fell deeply in love with your blue/white wall paper and all the cool nick-naks everywhere. Funny because out of everything in that movie, the only things I really remember are the scene where you as a little girl cut off your hair, inside your apartment, and the little season transitions where the trees transform into the next season. I hope I get to meet you someday. Oh, and your sister Emily is fricken fabulous in Bones. I died when I found out you guys were sisters. I just love coincidences.

LOTS OF LOVE BECAUSE YOU ROCK,
Eva (pronounced ee-vuh).

Here is a sketch of Zooey Deschanel I found online because it's gorgeous and brilliant and sketches of people just look way better than photos. BA BAM.

(click all photos for larger view)

4 comments:

  1. great post!!

    woodstockwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that huge jumper!
    Have a great day
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Deschanel sisters.

    http://thelacquerfactor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cutie! Thank you so much for your sweet comment and follow, i'm following you too now!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! ☀