7/8/13

swans

Marcin Ryczek - Man Feeding Swans (Detail), 2013

Two of my greatest fears in life are regret and forgetting. Yesterday I had an epiphany about the latter. My friend and I were watching the last of the 4th of July fireworks. I was in a trance, the lights were so captivating. I was so tempted to take out my phone and take photos, but I realized that if I did this, while I would have photographs to look back on, by taking those photographs, I would take away from the timelessness of the experience. Some moments are better left experienced than captured. 

On another note, speaking of photography, I'm getting really obsessed with it. I love capturing moments on film. I think my three greatest passions in life are writing, painting, and photography. This post is short and sweet, because I don't have a lot to say. I can tell I  have a bunch of ideas, aspirations, and hopes brewing around in my head, I just have to take the time to figure out what they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! ☀