7/6/12

teen witch

I think it's fun to get dressed and play with different characters and personas. I usually dress along the lines of a girl-punk-fairy aesthetic, but lately I've been getting into like, bad ass punk/vampire/witch vibes. I've been trying to dress a little outside my comfort zone because I want to explore things and be brave. High school is a time where people just change a lot. It's weird seeing my close friends suddenly become somewhat like strangers to me. I think my form of change has come in ways of inner growth and understanding, along with more self acceptance. I've also figured out that I'm really the only one I need to please. I don't need to dress for other people, and I don't need to get good grades just so I can do better than my classmates. I'll work as hard as I can and I'll wear whatever I want. I'll do things I like doing, like going to concerts of cool/weird-in-a-good-way bands, making zines and clothes, and listening to Riot Grrrl because that's what I like to do. It doesn't matter that other people aren't into that (at my school) it just matters that I'm doing what I like. Chris Brown sucks ballz and I hate rap music and dub step is boring so why listen to them? I'm not going to do things just so I can have something to talk to people at school about. I think that's how I've changed. I think my "fuck it" moment has finally come. I still care a little too much, but I definitely have that "screw it" attitude locked in a lot more.


I put this outfit together in the hopes of looking bad ass. I kind of look like a vampire-witch (notice broom stick in corner) which (witch) (haha look at me making such clever puns) I really like. At first my hair was up in a twist/bun thing, and I didn't have on a crown, but I felt too mature and old so I put my hair down and decided my rose crown would be a nice touch. I hate shaving my legs so I tend to shave them like, once every 2 weeks. Who on earth would actually pay attention to the shaved-ness of someone's legs? Only super weird people. I just don't really care if my legs are stubbly. It's a stupid thing to worry about. 

DIY crown, DIY necklace, both shirts are thrifted, Material Girl shorts, my mom's jacket via Nine West, American Apparel socks, Doc Marten mary janes which I want to eat.

15 comments:

  1. You look amazing! And beautiful, though teen witch isn't the sort of thing that'd be traditionally called 'beautiful', but I think it is in the dreamiest, nicest sort of way.
    I totally get ya with your change in attitude, and all of your musings on that in general. I think being able to change so sporadically as a teenager is becoming almost comforting in a weird way. As it becomes more normal I like that feeling of control, being what I want. you know?
    Love Katia. x
    www.katiapellicciotta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I freaking love your blog. And I love your views. And I agree with almost everything you say. Also, I freaking love your outfit ^ above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Yours is seriously so great though. You make the most amazing clothes! You should consider opening an etsy!

      Delete
  3. Ah, I can say the same. I still care (a little), but in general DGAF. Yay. Fuck Chris Brown. What he did to Rihanna is unforgivable (even though I don't exactly favor Rihanna's music), he is awful human being. Anyways, I love this. Good crown + good red sparkly shirt = Greatness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris Brown, oh my god. If I were to ever meet him I'd just be like "Hey Chris Brown. I think it's great you think you have the right to beat women. It really shows the growth our patriarchal society has exhibited, and the respect you have for women in general. JK YOU'RE AN ASS."

      Delete
  4. you look sooo badass, Eva! This outfit is amazing! I think the crown is a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with every word you write. Seriously. I try to push my boundaries sometimes and think and dress outside my comfort zone, but it is hard sometimes. And you're right- people do change in high school. A LOT. This girl that used to be my best friend ones barely looks my way now. I don't even recognize the girl that used to be my closest friend in 7th grade and it's hard. But if you set all of that crap aside, high school is the perfect time to find yourself and experiment with different styles. I love your outfit and how daring it is!!
    Great post!
    xoxox,
    Alona

    PS- There's a new post on my blog! I'd love to hear what you think about it :)http://www.fashionfreshman.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, that is such a cool outfit! your shoes are a dream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GIZZLES! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR OUTFIT! IT IS POSITIVELY FANTASTICAL! I WOULD HUG YOU ON THE STREET TOO IF I SAW YOU IN THAT OUTFIT!
    ...and Chris Brown is a but!
    ILY EVA <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah just found your blog and it is amazotastic;0
    you pulled off the bad ass witch look so well here LOVELOVELOVE IIITTTTTTT!

    http://cottonmixblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh you are so adorable. this is absolutely perfect. the shoes, the garland, and your expression - loooooveeee

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg you look great! I love your shoes!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flowers and your black crochet shorts! Cute.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! ☀